Since 2013, I have served on the Board of Directors of Braemar Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: BHR) (formerly Ashford Hospitality Prime, Inc. (NYSE: AHP)), a publicly-traded luxury lodging company whose hotel and hospitality assets are valued at $1.8 billion.
I am the Lead Director and Corporate Governance and Nominations Chairman of the Board. I have:
- Worked closely with the CEO, senior management team, and outside counsel on many issues related to the structure and operations of the company
- Participated in strategic planning
- Reviewed and revised company filings
- Worked on governance and compliance-related matters
- Chair the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee
- Current Member of Compensation and Related Party Transactions Committees
- Former Member of Audit Committee
In 2019, I was elected to the Board of Directors as an Independent Director of Wheeler Real Estate Investment Trust (NASDAQ: WHLR), which acquires, finances, develops, leases owns, and manages more than 5 million square feet of retail properties including neighbourhood and grocery-anchored centres.
In May 2020, I was appointed to serve as Chairman of the Board of Wheeler Real Estate Investment Trust. I have:
- Worked in tandem with fellow board members, senior management, and outside counsel in finding an exemplary candidate to serve as the new CEO of WHLR
- Participated in aligning our company portfolio with core goals
- Chair of the Compensation Committee
- Member of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee
- Former Member of the Strategic Committee
If you have an interest in discussing corporate board opportunities, please call me at (972) 375-6768 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.