Multifaceted Advisor and Consultant
I am a multifaceted advisor and consultant who brings my knowledge and experience as an NYSE- and NASDAQ-listed company board member, business advisor, former two-term Texas state house representative, and Harvard-educated attorney to bear on a wide range of challenges faced by corporations and other types of organizations.
I have significant leadership accomplishments in business, politics, government, and law, and strong written and oral communication abilities, including national broadcast media experience. My diplomatic skills and my unique ability to cultivate relationships and build consensus allow me to work productively with most any individual or team. Working efficiently and effectively in a collaborative manner is my advising and consulting style.
The Client First Approach - My goal is to help you make the best real estate decision possible.
I’ve spent the past fourteen years practicing law in several settings, from Big Law to a District Attorney’s Office to smaller firms, including my own firm. During that time, I was elected to the Texas House of Representatives. In addition, I currently serve on the Board of Directors of two publicly traded companies. I am the Lead Director of Braemar Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: BHR) (formerly Ashford Hospitality Prime, Inc. (NYSE: AHP)), a luxury lodging company whose hotel and hospitality assets are valued at $1.8 billion and is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange. I am also Chairman of the Board of Wheeler Real Estate Investment Trust (NASDAQ: WHLR), which specializes in acquiring, developing, and leasing more than 5 million square feet of retail properties.
I can assist you in addressing and solving issues such as:
- Advising on hospitality related matters, including risk management, brand or employee relations, proxy fights, strategy, marketing, design, and corporate governance issue
- Consulting on commercial real estate projects, including relationship development and compliance-related issues such as governmental approvals and zoning, as well as general management
- Providing governmental relations and lobbying services, including communications and media training and guidance
- Serving as a legal advisor to provide guidance and strategic advice on legal issues, including both legal risk management and evaluation of current legal disputes
- Adding diversity to your board as a board member bringing a wide range of experience in business, government, law, and corporate governance to your board, including my present experience on the board of two publicly traded companies